As a Minne-ap resident, I’ve heard many say that our frigid winters only make spring and summer all the more enjoyable. While I don’t buy it for a second where weather’s concerned, the sentiment does ring true as a metaphor for life’s ups and downs. On their first Booth feature as a duo, restlessly-creative singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and Windy City emcee Sulaiman explore that very theme, encouraging listeners feeling down to Breathe In, Let Go of past baggage, and concentrate on what lies ahead. As Mathien sets the mood with some hypnotically mellow piano-synth boardwork, Sulaiman shares his forward-looking life philosophy, shaking his head at those who can’t roll with the punches, and celebrating the distance he’s come since he was struggling to put food on his table. Hypnotically catchy and (in Sulaiman’s own words) “totally f*cking lyrically stylish,” this laid-back banger is just the beginning of what the collaborators have in store for aptly-titled new street album Sulaiman & Mathien Make A Record. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.