As a Minne-ap resident, I’ve heard many say that our frigid winters only make spring and summer all the more enjoyable. While I don’t buy it for a second where weather’s concerned, the sentiment does ring true as a metaphor for life’s ups and downs. On their first Booth feature as a duo, restlessly-creative singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and Windy City emcee Sulaiman explore that very theme, encouraging listeners feeling down to Breathe In, Let Go of past baggage, and concentrate on what lies ahead. As Mathien sets the mood with some hypnotically mellow piano-synth boardwork, Sulaiman shares his forward-looking life philosophy, shaking his head at those who can’t roll with the punches, and celebrating the distance he’s come since he was struggling to put food on his table. Hypnotically catchy and (in Sulaiman’s own words) “totally f*cking lyrically stylish,” this laid-back banger is just the beginning of what the collaborators have in store for aptly-titled new street album Sulaiman & Mathien Make A Record. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)