Chris Mathien has made himself relatively scarce in the Booth of late; mid-August’s The Iceberg was his first solo feature since March. As is often the case, there was more to his absence than met the eye. Recently, a “terrible experience involving MDMA” sent the Chicago singer/songwriter and producer to the hospital, where he resolved to give up drugs and alcohol. With three weeks of sobriety under his belt, he’s feeling more inspired than ever—a fact which comes through loud and clear in his latest promo single. Over his own effortlessly catchy, breakbeat-driven production, Mathien administers a lyrical pep talk that resonates strongly with his own situation: “You can go on the way you were, livin your life in a f**kin’ blur, but I’d rather see you Shine than fall behind.” This uplifting joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can keep it locked for the latest as Chris Mathien embarks on the latest phase of his career.
Written by richard on 08/29/13
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.