I’m pretty sure that no one’s referred to the Internet as the “information superhighway” since 1999, but now I’m almost tempted to revive the phrase – let’s just say that, with the Booth’s knack for inspiring cross-country collaborations, we’re kinda like the online-musical equivalent of Route 66. Making its world premiere on our front page, this cut finds Chi-town singer/songwriter Chris Mathien hooking up with an L.A.-based Booth favorite (and freestyle series alum) Shane Eli to craft a breezy ode to fall in the City of Angels. After a squelching electronic intro that momentarily had me wondering whether my speakers were functioning correctly, Mathien begins the record in earnest, describing his trip west over a tropically mellow mix of synths and acoustic-guitar strumming. On the middle verse, Eli puts his own spin on the scenario, stepping into the shoes of a visitor to his hometown – the place “...where America comes to bring dreams to life.” (L.A. Tourism Board, are you listening?) This Booth-exclusive joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can expect plenty more from both Mathien and Eli in the near future – keep it locked!
Written by richard on 10/19/10
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.