I’m pretty sure that no one’s referred to the Internet as the “information superhighway” since 1999, but now I’m almost tempted to revive the phrase – let’s just say that, with the Booth’s knack for inspiring cross-country collaborations, we’re kinda like the online-musical equivalent of Route 66. Making its world premiere on our front page, this cut finds Chi-town singer/songwriter Chris Mathien hooking up with an L.A.-based Booth favorite (and freestyle series alum) Shane Eli to craft a breezy ode to fall in the City of Angels. After a squelching electronic intro that momentarily had me wondering whether my speakers were functioning correctly, Mathien begins the record in earnest, describing his trip west over a tropically mellow mix of synths and acoustic-guitar strumming. On the middle verse, Eli puts his own spin on the scenario, stepping into the shoes of a visitor to his hometown – the place “...where America comes to bring dreams to life.” (L.A. Tourism Board, are you listening?) This Booth-exclusive joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can expect plenty more from both Mathien and Eli in the near future – keep it locked!
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.