Not featured on the solo tip since this past March, when he blessed our pages with reader-acclaimed unreleased cut Devils in the Chi, Chris Mathien makes his return to our pages with freshly-released promo single and video Do You Want to Make It Your Business. On this doo-wop-infused ballad, the Windy City recording artist’s own 1950s chord progression and glittering harmonies serve as backdrop for verses addressed to a girl who suspects him of engaging in shady behavior while on the road. An unknown director’s nostalgia-drenched official visuals complete the package. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can expect more quality tunes from Mathien and his band on the brand new album Darling Television, scheduled for release in December. In the meantime, Do You Want to Make It Your Business can be downloaded for free at the link above.
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.