Not featured on the solo tip since this past March, when he blessed our pages with reader-acclaimed unreleased cut Devils in the Chi, Chris Mathien makes his return to our pages with freshly-released promo single and video Do You Want to Make It Your Business. On this doo-wop-infused ballad, the Windy City recording artist’s own 1950s chord progression and glittering harmonies serve as backdrop for verses addressed to a girl who suspects him of engaging in shady behavior while on the road. An unknown director’s nostalgia-drenched official visuals complete the package. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can expect more quality tunes from Mathien and his band on the brand new album Darling Television, scheduled for release in December. In the meantime, Do You Want to Make It Your Business can be downloaded for free at the link above.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.