Not featured on the solo tip since this past March, when he blessed our pages with reader-acclaimed unreleased cut Devils in the Chi, Chris Mathien makes his return to our pages with freshly-released promo single and video Do You Want to Make It Your Business. On this doo-wop-infused ballad, the Windy City recording artist’s own 1950s chord progression and glittering harmonies serve as backdrop for verses addressed to a girl who suspects him of engaging in shady behavior while on the road. An unknown director’s nostalgia-drenched official visuals complete the package. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can expect more quality tunes from Mathien and his band on the brand new album Darling Television, scheduled for release in December. In the meantime, Do You Want to Make It Your Business can be downloaded for free at the link above.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.