Not featured on the solo tip since this past March, when he blessed our pages with reader-acclaimed unreleased cut Devils in the Chi, Chris Mathien makes his return to our pages with freshly-released promo single and video Do You Want to Make It Your Business. On this doo-wop-infused ballad, the Windy City recording artist’s own 1950s chord progression and glittering harmonies serve as backdrop for verses addressed to a girl who suspects him of engaging in shady behavior while on the road. An unknown director’s nostalgia-drenched official visuals complete the package. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can expect more quality tunes from Mathien and his band on the brand new album Darling Television, scheduled for release in December. In the meantime, Do You Want to Make It Your Business can be downloaded for free at the link above.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label