Not featured on the solo tip since this past March, when he blessed our pages with reader-acclaimed unreleased cut Devils in the Chi, Chris Mathien makes his return to our pages with freshly-released promo single and video Do You Want to Make It Your Business. On this doo-wop-infused ballad, the Windy City recording artist’s own 1950s chord progression and glittering harmonies serve as backdrop for verses addressed to a girl who suspects him of engaging in shady behavior while on the road. An unknown director’s nostalgia-drenched official visuals complete the package. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can expect more quality tunes from Mathien and his band on the brand new album Darling Television, scheduled for release in December. In the meantime, Do You Want to Make It Your Business can be downloaded for free at the link above.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.