Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst, was arguably the most personal track on Kendrick Lamar’s debut studio album, but its central themes of mortality and remembrance have a universal resonance. Interscope/Krucial Noise R&B singer Mateo uses the good kid, m.A.A.d city standout’s chorus as a springboard to discuss his determination to create a lasting legacy through his music on newly-released promo single Sing About Me. Label boss Kerry “Krucial” Brothers an co-producer Zeke MacUmber provide a delicate, piano-driven beat to back the singer as he weighs the difficulty of the hustle against his burning desire to express himself artistically: “I figure that this bumpy road is worth it is my story’s told.” JL Brown directs the cut’s stylized video accompaniment. Feeling it? You can click here to download the record free of charge via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
Rising R&B star Mateo has released his latest EP, We've Met Before. The follow-up to 2012's Suite 823 mixtape, the project is the singer/songwriter's first since signing with Interscope Records, and is intended as an...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.