Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst, was arguably the most personal track on Kendrick Lamar’s debut studio album, but its central themes of mortality and remembrance have a universal resonance. Interscope/Krucial Noise R&B singer Mateo uses the good kid, m.A.A.d city standout’s chorus as a springboard to discuss his determination to create a lasting legacy through his music on newly-released promo single Sing About Me. Label boss Kerry “Krucial” Brothers an co-producer Zeke MacUmber provide a delicate, piano-driven beat to back the singer as he weighs the difficulty of the hustle against his burning desire to express himself artistically: “I figure that this bumpy road is worth it is my story’s told.” JL Brown directs the cut’s stylized video accompaniment. Feeling it? You can click here to download the record free of charge via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
Rising R&B star Mateo has released his latest EP, We've Met Before. The follow-up to 2012's Suite 823 mixtape, the project is the singer/songwriter's first since signing with Interscope Records, and is intended as an...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.