Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst, was arguably the most personal track on Kendrick Lamar’s debut studio album, but its central themes of mortality and remembrance have a universal resonance. Interscope/Krucial Noise R&B singer Mateo uses the good kid, m.A.A.d city standout’s chorus as a springboard to discuss his determination to create a lasting legacy through his music on newly-released promo single Sing About Me. Label boss Kerry “Krucial” Brothers an co-producer Zeke MacUmber provide a delicate, piano-driven beat to back the singer as he weighs the difficulty of the hustle against his burning desire to express himself artistically: “I figure that this bumpy road is worth it is my story’s told.” JL Brown directs the cut’s stylized video accompaniment. Feeling it? You can click here to download the record free of charge via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.