Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst, was arguably the most personal track on Kendrick Lamar’s debut studio album, but its central themes of mortality and remembrance have a universal resonance. Interscope/Krucial Noise R&B singer Mateo uses the good kid, m.A.A.d city standout’s chorus as a springboard to discuss his determination to create a lasting legacy through his music on newly-released promo single Sing About Me. Label boss Kerry “Krucial” Brothers an co-producer Zeke MacUmber provide a delicate, piano-driven beat to back the singer as he weighs the difficulty of the hustle against his burning desire to express himself artistically: “I figure that this bumpy road is worth it is my story’s told.” JL Brown directs the cut’s stylized video accompaniment. Feeling it? You can click here to download the record free of charge via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
Rising R&B star Mateo has released his latest EP, We've Met Before. The follow-up to 2012's Suite 823 mixtape, the project is the singer/songwriter's first since signing with Interscope Records, and is intended as an...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.