Mateo may have a weakness for the female gender (He is an R&B singer, after all.), but the Interscope recording artist isn’t about to jump into a relationship with a woman without vetting her thoroughly. On the lead single off his untitled major-label debut, the crooner grills a promising candidate about her qualifications for the position, asking her, “Just How Good Is Your Love?” It’s not all business, though; the singer’s silky, innuendo-laced verses, along with Zeke and Kerry “Krucial” Brothers’ lush production, ensure that the cut is a smooth and enjoyable listen. Director David Telles’ tongue-in-cheek official visuals round out the package. Mateo’s freshman set has yet to receive a spot on the release calendar but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.