For those who live far away from their loved ones, the holidays are an especially emotional time. If you’ve got a ticket Home for Christmas, it’s a chance to reunite with the people you’ve been missing all year. If not, it’s a sad reminder of the distance separating you from them. On his latest single (not to be confused with I’ll Be Home for Christmas, the Bing Crosby standard), rising R&B star Mateo finds himself in the latter situation. Backed by Kerry “Krucial” Brothers and Zeke Macu‘s bittersweet keyboard chords and subtle vocal samples, the New York-by-way-of-L.A. crooner pines after the familiar sights and sounds of the season (“I’d give anything just to hear sleigh bells in Harlem.”), and longs to be together with the woman he loves. This poignant promo cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can hear more from the Interscope/Krucial Noise recording artist on his August EP, We’ve Met Before.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)