For those who live far away from their loved ones, the holidays are an especially emotional time. If you’ve got a ticket Home for Christmas, it’s a chance to reunite with the people you’ve been missing all year. If not, it’s a sad reminder of the distance separating you from them. On his latest single (not to be confused with I’ll Be Home for Christmas, the Bing Crosby standard), rising R&B star Mateo finds himself in the latter situation. Backed by Kerry “Krucial” Brothers and Zeke Macu‘s bittersweet keyboard chords and subtle vocal samples, the New York-by-way-of-L.A. crooner pines after the familiar sights and sounds of the season (“I’d give anything just to hear sleigh bells in Harlem.”), and longs to be together with the woman he loves. This poignant promo cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can hear more from the Interscope/Krucial Noise recording artist on his August EP, We’ve Met Before.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.