For those who live far away from their loved ones, the holidays are an especially emotional time. If you’ve got a ticket Home for Christmas, it’s a chance to reunite with the people you’ve been missing all year. If not, it’s a sad reminder of the distance separating you from them. On his latest single (not to be confused with I’ll Be Home for Christmas, the Bing Crosby standard), rising R&B star Mateo finds himself in the latter situation. Backed by Kerry “Krucial” Brothers and Zeke Macu‘s bittersweet keyboard chords and subtle vocal samples, the New York-by-way-of-L.A. crooner pines after the familiar sights and sounds of the season (“I’d give anything just to hear sleigh bells in Harlem.”), and longs to be together with the woman he loves. This poignant promo cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can hear more from the Interscope/Krucial Noise recording artist on his August EP, We’ve Met Before.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.