For those who live far away from their loved ones, the holidays are an especially emotional time. If you’ve got a ticket Home for Christmas, it’s a chance to reunite with the people you’ve been missing all year. If not, it’s a sad reminder of the distance separating you from them. On his latest single (not to be confused with I’ll Be Home for Christmas, the Bing Crosby standard), rising R&B star Mateo finds himself in the latter situation. Backed by Kerry “Krucial” Brothers and Zeke Macu‘s bittersweet keyboard chords and subtle vocal samples, the New York-by-way-of-L.A. crooner pines after the familiar sights and sounds of the season (“I’d give anything just to hear sleigh bells in Harlem.”), and longs to be together with the woman he loves. This poignant promo cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can hear more from the Interscope/Krucial Noise recording artist on his August EP, We’ve Met Before.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.