Did you know that Mateo is the only artist in music history to collaborate with Alicia Keys, Dirty Money and Pusha T? You did? Oh, well then, Carry On. For his latest effort the R&B fast riser rides solo over a Kerry “Krucial” Brothers and Zeke MacUmber beat tailor-made for uptempo inspiration. Mateo grabs that instrumental torch and runs with it, letting listeners know that no matter what’s happened in their past, they need to keep their eyes firmly affixed to the future. Let the crooners’ vocals be a lesson to everyone out there: You can’t let your baggage weigh you down when you’re trying to move – especially if you’re a lovely lady trying to move in with Mateo. With a start like this there’s no telling what the release of the Interscope signee’s upcoming and currently unscheduled album, Suite 823, will have in store for us. Who knows, maybe some more of his famous friends will even stop by. Until then, carry on as you were…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.