Did you know that Mateo is the only artist in music history to collaborate with Alicia Keys, Dirty Money and Pusha T? You did? Oh, well then, Carry On. For his latest effort the R&B fast riser rides solo over a Kerry “Krucial” Brothers and Zeke MacUmber beat tailor-made for uptempo inspiration. Mateo grabs that instrumental torch and runs with it, letting listeners know that no matter what’s happened in their past, they need to keep their eyes firmly affixed to the future. Let the crooners’ vocals be a lesson to everyone out there: You can’t let your baggage weigh you down when you’re trying to move – especially if you’re a lovely lady trying to move in with Mateo. With a start like this there’s no telling what the release of the Interscope signee’s upcoming and currently unscheduled album, Suite 823, will have in store for us. Who knows, maybe some more of his famous friends will even stop by. Until then, carry on as you were…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.