Enjoyed Mateo‘s recent feature, but aren’t sure whether you’re ready to take your musical relationship to the next level and cop his forthcoming EP? The Interscope crooner is too much of a gentleman to rush things but, in hopes of turning that “maybe” into a “yes,” he’s liberated another fresh single off the project. Kerry “Krucial” Brothers, co-producer of June’s How Good Is Your Love, mans the boards solo on After Dark. Over his expansive synth-pop arrangement, Mateo assures a woman in his life that he’s prepared to get serious about their love, if she simply says the word. Given the seductive power of the artist’s vocals, how could she resist? If this silky-smooth selection’s won you over, you’ll be able to seal the deal this Tuesday (8/13), when the We’ve Met Before EP is released via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underneath the Sky ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.