For as much as we try to delude ourselves that our latest flame will burn forever, the fact remains: 10 out of 10 relationships eventually meet their end—whether amicably, in tears or in a hearse. Now that I’ve typed it out, that last sentence was a little dark. The point, however, stands. Anyway, there’s no better weapon against heartbreak than a good song (except maybe a stiff drink), and Master Shortie‘s latest effort, Love Won’t Stick Around, is about as cathartic as it gets. (And it’s a world premiere to boot!) With Songvibe‘s moody, alt rock-informed production as his backdrop, the Bringing It Back rhymesayer addresses an ex-girl, lamenting her blindness to the value of what they had together. The Dean’s List frontman Sonny Shotz provides moral support on the guest tip, describing the psychological fallout of his own latest breakup in a relatable middle 16. Complete with the headliner’s own sung chorus vocals, this joint is sure to resonate with anyone who’s ever suffered from a broken heart—so, pretty much everyone. Shortie’s Studying Abroad mixtape is set to drop “soon.” In the meantime, keep it locked for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 01/24/12
Submit your Rating
Odd One Out
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bringing It Back" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.