After six years without a solo LP, Masta Killa has got a little rebuilding to do. Thus, in the interest of pulling new fans into the fray, the founding Wu Tang member’s dedicated his latest single to the most universally-appealing topic imaginable. Or maybe I’m full of it, and dude just happened to be hungry when he put pen to paper. Whatever the case, Food offers plenty of nourishment for the discerning hip-hop head. Backed by the dreamy, headphone-ready sample work of Jamla Records kingpin 9th Wonder, Killa delivers satisfying bars packed with all the lyrical vitamins and minerals fans have come to expect. Craving a second helping? You can get your fill next Tuesday, December 11, when Selling My Soul hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R U Listening" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.