After six years without a solo LP, Masta Killa has got a little rebuilding to do. Thus, in the interest of pulling new fans into the fray, the founding Wu Tang member’s dedicated his latest single to the most universally-appealing topic imaginable. Or maybe I’m full of it, and dude just happened to be hungry when he put pen to paper. Whatever the case, Food offers plenty of nourishment for the discerning hip-hop head. Backed by the dreamy, headphone-ready sample work of Jamla Records kingpin 9th Wonder, Killa delivers satisfying bars packed with all the lyrical vitamins and minerals fans have come to expect. Craving a second helping? You can get your fill next Tuesday, December 11, when Selling My Soul hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R U Listening" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.