After six years without a solo LP, Masta Killa has got a little rebuilding to do. Thus, in the interest of pulling new fans into the fray, the founding Wu Tang member’s dedicated his latest single to the most universally-appealing topic imaginable. Or maybe I’m full of it, and dude just happened to be hungry when he put pen to paper. Whatever the case, Food offers plenty of nourishment for the discerning hip-hop head. Backed by the dreamy, headphone-ready sample work of Jamla Records kingpin 9th Wonder, Killa delivers satisfying bars packed with all the lyrical vitamins and minerals fans have come to expect. Craving a second helping? You can get your fill next Tuesday, December 11, when Selling My Soul hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R U Listening" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.