After six years without a solo LP, Masta Killa has got a little rebuilding to do. Thus, in the interest of pulling new fans into the fray, the founding Wu Tang member’s dedicated his latest single to the most universally-appealing topic imaginable. Or maybe I’m full of it, and dude just happened to be hungry when he put pen to paper. Whatever the case, Food offers plenty of nourishment for the discerning hip-hop head. Backed by the dreamy, headphone-ready sample work of Jamla Records kingpin 9th Wonder, Killa delivers satisfying bars packed with all the lyrical vitamins and minerals fans have come to expect. Craving a second helping? You can get your fill next Tuesday, December 11, when Selling My Soul hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Six years after the release of 2006's Made in Brooklyn, founding Wu Tang member Masta Killa has unleashed his third solo studio album, Selling My Soul. The project is inspired by the artist's conception of art as...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R U Listening" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.