After six years without a solo LP, Masta Killa has got a little rebuilding to do. Thus, in the interest of pulling new fans into the fray, the founding Wu Tang member’s dedicated his latest single to the most universally-appealing topic imaginable. Or maybe I’m full of it, and dude just happened to be hungry when he put pen to paper. Whatever the case, Food offers plenty of nourishment for the discerning hip-hop head. Backed by the dreamy, headphone-ready sample work of Jamla Records kingpin 9th Wonder, Killa delivers satisfying bars packed with all the lyrical vitamins and minerals fans have come to expect. Craving a second helping? You can get your fill next Tuesday, December 11, when Selling My Soul hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R U Listening" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.