After six years of lying low and contributing guest bars to his Wu-Tang colleagues’ critically-acclaimed projects, Masta Killa is finally preparing to get back into the solo-album game. As befitting the legendary Staten Island crew’s most reserved—some would say mysterious—member, the first single off the project finds him requesting our attention in a direct, yet coolly understated fashion. On R U Listening, crewmate Inspectah Deck’s dreamy soul samples set the mood for casually fly verses that reward close listening. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner; featuring production by the likes of 9th Wonder, PF Cuttin and Mathematics, Selling My Soul is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Six years after the release of 2006's Made in Brooklyn, founding Wu Tang member Masta Killa has unleashed his third solo studio album, Selling My Soul. The project is inspired by the artist's conception of art as...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Round (Termanology)" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.