After six years of lying low and contributing guest bars to his Wu-Tang colleagues’ critically-acclaimed projects, Masta Killa is finally preparing to get back into the solo-album game. As befitting the legendary Staten Island crew’s most reserved—some would say mysterious—member, the first single off the project finds him requesting our attention in a direct, yet coolly understated fashion. On R U Listening, crewmate Inspectah Deck’s dreamy soul samples set the mood for casually fly verses that reward close listening. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner; featuring production by the likes of 9th Wonder, PF Cuttin and Mathematics, Selling My Soul is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Round (Termanology)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.