After six years of lying low and contributing guest bars to his Wu-Tang colleagues’ critically-acclaimed projects, Masta Killa is finally preparing to get back into the solo-album game. As befitting the legendary Staten Island crew’s most reserved—some would say mysterious—member, the first single off the project finds him requesting our attention in a direct, yet coolly understated fashion. On R U Listening, crewmate Inspectah Deck’s dreamy soul samples set the mood for casually fly verses that reward close listening. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner; featuring production by the likes of 9th Wonder, PF Cuttin and Mathematics, Selling My Soul is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Round (Termanology)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.