After six years of lying low and contributing guest bars to his Wu-Tang colleagues’ critically-acclaimed projects, Masta Killa is finally preparing to get back into the solo-album game. As befitting the legendary Staten Island crew’s most reserved—some would say mysterious—member, the first single off the project finds him requesting our attention in a direct, yet coolly understated fashion. On R U Listening, crewmate Inspectah Deck’s dreamy soul samples set the mood for casually fly verses that reward close listening. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner; featuring production by the likes of 9th Wonder, PF Cuttin and Mathematics, Selling My Soul is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Six years after the release of 2006's Made in Brooklyn, founding Wu Tang member Masta Killa has unleashed his third solo studio album, Selling My Soul. The project is inspired by the artist's conception of art as...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Round (Termanology)" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.