After six years of lying low and contributing guest bars to his Wu-Tang colleagues’ critically-acclaimed projects, Masta Killa is finally preparing to get back into the solo-album game. As befitting the legendary Staten Island crew’s most reserved—some would say mysterious—member, the first single off the project finds him requesting our attention in a direct, yet coolly understated fashion. On R U Listening, crewmate Inspectah Deck’s dreamy soul samples set the mood for casually fly verses that reward close listening. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner; featuring production by the likes of 9th Wonder, PF Cuttin and Mathematics, Selling My Soul is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Round (Termanology)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)