A Boston crooner with a uniquely ‘hood-influenced style (and a penchant for collabs with Maybach general Rick Ross), Masspike Miles has carved out a niche by catering to listeners who prefer their R&B with a little inner-city grit… until now, anyway. Whether a radio-ready departure from the norm or a harbinger of a stylistic sea change, new single Walked Away showcases a side of the singer not encountered on his previous features. Here, a currently-unknown producer’s crossover-courting guitar/piano production sets the mood as Masspike pours out his heart, informing us just how devastated he’s been since the woman he loved walked out of his life. Though his tears have dried up, he’s still struggling to put the pieces of his shattered world back together – in fact, he’s so devastated that he doesn’t know if he’ll ever be able to love again. While it’s hard to argue with this cut’s combo of heartfelt emotion and pop appeal, I’ll leave it to Booth readers to decide whether its more vulnerable vibe is a good look for Masspike Miles. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for release details on Miles’ The Struggle LP, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 02/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.