Back in ‘97, the great Biggie Smalls opined that, far from buying happiness, Mo Money simply led to Mo Problems. Masspike Miles, however, sees things a little differently – as he explains on new mixtape single We Made It, fame and fortune have treated him pretty damn well thus far. A soulful, chime-laced instrumental by Twice As Nice sets an appropriately swanky mood for this high-rolling track, which finds the R&B up-and-comer celebrating his triumphs over adversity, and reveling in the luxuries his hard work has earned him. Unsurprisingly, Maybach Music
boss Rick Ross makes an appearance, indulging in some characteristically luxurious stunting on the front, and up-and-comer Smoke Bulga rounds out the guest lineup, managing to sound gangster despite comparing his clips to pretty-boy vampire Edward Cullen. Is this triumphant track hit material, or is Masspike Miles celebrating prematurely? I’ll leave that for you to decide. If you’re digging it, stay tuned for the latest on Miles’ Superfly: Rhythm&Streets (Gangsta Grillz Special Ed.), which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 06/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.