Like a flower needs rain, like a car needs gasoline, like Fat Joe needs tacos (sorry for stealing your line, Nathan), R&B singers require a steady supply of romance in order to continue functioning. Thus, when Maybach Music crooner Masspike Miles’ laments that ”I’m All Out of Love” on his latest single, it’s no idle complaint – the man needs some affection, stat! Alarming as Miles’ state may be, however, it makes for quite the fresh record: with producer Street Market glossy, melodically-understated synth-piano boardwork pulsing in the background, the Bostonian singer showers a special woman with soulful entreaties, begging her to save him from destruction before the walls close in on him. Though it may be tough to top the socially-conscious soul stylings of his last leak, Little Soldier, fans of heartfelt, emotionally-charged jams are unlikely to be disappointed in Miles’ latest effort. If this joint is exactly what your soul has been calling out for, then more smoothness awaits on The Road Less Traveled, scheduled to hit stores and online retailers May 31.
Listen to More: Masspike Miles
Written by richard on 05/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.