Like a flower needs rain, like a car needs gasoline, like Fat Joe needs tacos (sorry for stealing your line, Nathan), R&B singers require a steady supply of romance in order to continue functioning. Thus, when Maybach Music crooner Masspike Miles’ laments that ”I’m All Out of Love” on his latest single, it’s no idle complaint – the man needs some affection, stat! Alarming as Miles’ state may be, however, it makes for quite the fresh record: with producer Street Market glossy, melodically-understated synth-piano boardwork pulsing in the background, the Bostonian singer showers a special woman with soulful entreaties, begging her to save him from destruction before the walls close in on him. Though it may be tough to top the socially-conscious soul stylings of his last leak, Little Soldier, fans of heartfelt, emotionally-charged jams are unlikely to be disappointed in Miles’ latest effort. If this joint is exactly what your soul has been calling out for, then more smoothness awaits on The Road Less Traveled, scheduled to hit stores and online retailers May 31.
Listen to More: Masspike Miles
Written by richard on 05/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)