Like a flower needs rain, like a car needs gasoline, like Fat Joe needs tacos (sorry for stealing your line, Nathan), R&B singers require a steady supply of romance in order to continue functioning. Thus, when Maybach Music crooner Masspike Miles’ laments that ”I’m All Out of Love” on his latest single, it’s no idle complaint – the man needs some affection, stat! Alarming as Miles’ state may be, however, it makes for quite the fresh record: with producer Street Market glossy, melodically-understated synth-piano boardwork pulsing in the background, the Bostonian singer showers a special woman with soulful entreaties, begging her to save him from destruction before the walls close in on him. Though it may be tough to top the socially-conscious soul stylings of his last leak, Little Soldier, fans of heartfelt, emotionally-charged jams are unlikely to be disappointed in Miles’ latest effort. If this joint is exactly what your soul has been calling out for, then more smoothness awaits on The Road Less Traveled, scheduled to hit stores and online retailers May 31.
Written by richard on 05/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.