Like a flower needs rain, like a car needs gasoline, like Fat Joe needs tacos (sorry for stealing your line, Nathan), R&B singers require a steady supply of romance in order to continue functioning. Thus, when Maybach Music crooner Masspike Miles’ laments that ”I’m All Out of Love” on his latest single, it’s no idle complaint – the man needs some affection, stat! Alarming as Miles’ state may be, however, it makes for quite the fresh record: with producer Street Market glossy, melodically-understated synth-piano boardwork pulsing in the background, the Bostonian singer showers a special woman with soulful entreaties, begging her to save him from destruction before the walls close in on him. Though it may be tough to top the socially-conscious soul stylings of his last leak, Little Soldier, fans of heartfelt, emotionally-charged jams are unlikely to be disappointed in Miles’ latest effort. If this joint is exactly what your soul has been calling out for, then more smoothness awaits on The Road Less Traveled, scheduled to hit stores and online retailers May 31.
Written by richard on 05/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.