With Valentine’s Day just one short month away, it couldn’t be a better time for a little PSA on the dangerous, mind-altering effects of infatuation. Enter up-and-coming R&B singer Masspike Miles, whose latest single finds him recounting how an intoxicating female stole his heart and left him Love Drunk. As it turns out, not even the biggest of bosses is immune to lovesickness: Maybach Music general Rick Ross (Miles’ collaborator on Get It Together) gets just a tad emo on the back end, kicking his guest verse off with the lines, “Sittin’ in my car contemplatin’ suicide/ Slit wrists, in the mirror screamin’ ‘Who am I!?’” Complete with an appropriately melodramatic, string-drenched beat by Streetrunner, this single should strike a chord with anyone who’s ever gone temporarily insane for romantic reasons – so, pretty much all of us over the age of 15. Masspike Miles’ debut studio album, The Struggle, has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.