With Valentine’s Day just one short month away, it couldn’t be a better time for a little PSA on the dangerous, mind-altering effects of infatuation. Enter up-and-coming R&B singer Masspike Miles, whose latest single finds him recounting how an intoxicating female stole his heart and left him Love Drunk. As it turns out, not even the biggest of bosses is immune to lovesickness: Maybach Music general Rick Ross (Miles’ collaborator on Get It Together) gets just a tad emo on the back end, kicking his guest verse off with the lines, “Sittin’ in my car contemplatin’ suicide/ Slit wrists, in the mirror screamin’ ‘Who am I!?’” Complete with an appropriately melodramatic, string-drenched beat by Streetrunner, this single should strike a chord with anyone who’s ever gone temporarily insane for romantic reasons – so, pretty much all of us over the age of 15. Masspike Miles’ debut studio album, The Struggle, has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest news and tunes!
Maybach Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.