With Valentine’s Day just one short month away, it couldn’t be a better time for a little PSA on the dangerous, mind-altering effects of infatuation. Enter up-and-coming R&B singer Masspike Miles, whose latest single finds him recounting how an intoxicating female stole his heart and left him Love Drunk. As it turns out, not even the biggest of bosses is immune to lovesickness: Maybach Music general Rick Ross (Miles’ collaborator on Get It Together) gets just a tad emo on the back end, kicking his guest verse off with the lines, “Sittin’ in my car contemplatin’ suicide/ Slit wrists, in the mirror screamin’ ‘Who am I!?’” Complete with an appropriately melodramatic, string-drenched beat by Streetrunner, this single should strike a chord with anyone who’s ever gone temporarily insane for romantic reasons – so, pretty much all of us over the age of 15. Masspike Miles’ debut studio album, The Struggle, has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.