Last we heard from Masspike Miles, the Boston native (and past In the Mix interview subject) was Love Drunk, caught in the grips of a budding romance. Several months later, it looks like that flame is burning as brightly as ever, despite the extended absences required by the musician’s lifestyle; on the latest leak off his forthcoming Gangsta Grillz mixtape, Miles engages in a little telephonic foreplay, asking his girl to “Keep It Tight” in anticipation of his return home from the road (Kids, he’s talking about her… uh… shoelaces.). Production crew The Dream Team back Masspike Miles’ soulfully-crooned vocals with an appropriately steamy beat, mixing delicate ivory-tinkling with simmering synths and hip-hop percussion as the singer lets his girl know exactly how much he’s looking forward to their reunion. Has Masspike Miles’ streetwise-yet-smooth style added up to another banger? If you think so, be sure to pick up a copy of the Maybach Music signee’s Super Fly street album when it drops on June 7.
Written by richard on 05/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.