Last we heard from Masspike Miles, the Boston native (and past In the Mix interview subject) was Love Drunk, caught in the grips of a budding romance. Several months later, it looks like that flame is burning as brightly as ever, despite the extended absences required by the musician’s lifestyle; on the latest leak off his forthcoming Gangsta Grillz mixtape, Miles engages in a little telephonic foreplay, asking his girl to “Keep It Tight” in anticipation of his return home from the road (Kids, he’s talking about her… uh… shoelaces.). Production crew The Dream Team back Masspike Miles’ soulfully-crooned vocals with an appropriately steamy beat, mixing delicate ivory-tinkling with simmering synths and hip-hop percussion as the singer lets his girl know exactly how much he’s looking forward to their reunion. Has Masspike Miles’ streetwise-yet-smooth style added up to another banger? If you think so, be sure to pick up a copy of the Maybach Music signee’s Super Fly street album when it drops on June 7.
Written by richard on 05/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.