The son of a jazz musician, “Masspike Miles” Wheeler got into music early, fronting an R&B group at the age of 11, but his biggest break occurred much more recently. Introduced to Rick Ross colleague Shank Ahmir while the Boss was in town for a concert, Miles forged a relationship that led to a deal with Ross’ Maybach Records. Now, the Boston up-and-comer is getting ready to release his first studio album, The Struggle. Miles’ debut single, Get It Together, paired the singer with Ross to create a record with considerable crossover appeal, and his latest offering takes a similar approach, placing him opposite ATL emcee Shawty Lo as he serenades his Perfect Woman. In contrast to the more street-oriented lead single, however, Arex Productions’ synth-heavy beat pushes the record into club territory. No release date has been set for The Struggle, but Perfect Woman may be just the thing to speed it onto store shelves.
Written by richard on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.