The son of a jazz musician, “Masspike Miles” Wheeler got into music early, fronting an R&B group at the age of 11, but his biggest break occurred much more recently. Introduced to Rick Ross colleague Shank Ahmir while the Boss was in town for a concert, Miles forged a relationship that led to a deal with Ross’ Maybach Records. Now, the Boston up-and-comer is getting ready to release his first studio album, The Struggle. Miles’ debut single, Get It Together, paired the singer with Ross to create a record with considerable crossover appeal, and his latest offering takes a similar approach, placing him opposite ATL emcee Shawty Lo as he serenades his Perfect Woman. In contrast to the more street-oriented lead single, however, Arex Productions’ synth-heavy beat pushes the record into club territory. No release date has been set for The Struggle, but Perfect Woman may be just the thing to speed it onto store shelves.
Written by richard on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.