While R&B is usually considered the music genre in which singers pine over lost love and bash the no-good ex, rap tends to not be so love-stricken. Breaking down barriers and blowing up stereotypes, however, Boston native Masspike Miles brings a rap feel to R&B on his new single, Get It Together, off his forthcoming untitled project set for release in July. Miles brings the streets to his melody with the help of Rick Ross, who appears at both the beginning and end (that’s getting your money’s worth). This mellow song, produced by London-bred Da Track Dealer, is all about making money because, according to Miles, “if it don’t make money, then it don’t make sense.” Now that’s love.
Written by Angela on 04/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Perfect Woman ft. Shawty Lo" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.