Masspike Miles’ last Booth feature, April’s F**kin’, was indeed a record about f**kin’. So it stands to reason that the lead single off his next project, actually revolves around air travel, and the reference to a certain sex act is just a coincidence… right? Wrong, actually—totally, unbelievably wrong. In reality, of course, Flight 69 is also about f**kin’; the aeronautical theme is just window dressing for the Bostonian singer’s dirty talk. The always-dope !llmind provides a stark, synth-laced boom-bap beat to back Miles as he documents his induction into the Mile High Club, and recently-incarcerated Triple C‘s member Gunplay delivers some euphemistically freaky guest rhymes on the back. Watch for Skyy Miles 2: Cosmic Clouds, Masspike’s third EP of original material in 2012, to hit record stores and online retailers this November via Maybach Music Group.
Written by richard on 10/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.