In French literature, sexual climax is sometimes described as a “petite mort” or “little death,” due to the momentary dissolution of individual awareness in a wave of physical and spiritual release. Only the French, huh? Actually, the concept seems to have rubbed off on rising R&B star Masspike Miles—on his latest single selection, the Maybach Music crooner advises a shawty: “Try and act like it’s your last time / when I love you baby, Imma make you Flatline.” The appropriately-named Cardiak handles production duties, serving up a dancefloor-ready melange of string hits, swirling synths and bass-booming beats as Miles plies the woman in question with ominously tempting, lightly-Autotuned come-ons: “Girl I’mma work your body / You know I puts it down, f*ck you in the worst way” Is this steamy banger, as the artist muses on the middle, “finna become a theme song?” If you plan on requesting it at the local spot, then keep it locked for the latest on the yet-unannounced project (Masspike’s Maybach debut album, most likely) on which the record will find its home.
Written by richard on 10/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Together ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)