Show of hands; who here is fed up with the mainstream emphasis on coin over content? Those who have their Hands Up High are sure to love the latest single from Chicago duo Mass Hysteria. The Booth newcomers bring fellow Windy City resident Rhymefest along for this punch-in-the-mouth cut, which will surely have the radio rappers down for the count. Supported by the scorching (almost M.O.P-esque) boardwork of co-producers Phil Gates and group member Mike Treese, the duo and ‘Fest share the perils of being an underground artist and the frustrations of seeing others fake their way to the top. With authentic, assertive flows and heavy bars like “Mass Hysteria and Fest is a blessing/ Taking shorties out early like c-sections”, these Chicagoans certainly deserve some radio play, although there substance might be too much to handle for the artificial radio realm. This cut will appear on Mass Hysteria’s Art Over Life album, due out this Spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.