Show of hands; who here is fed up with the mainstream emphasis on coin over content? Those who have their Hands Up High are sure to love the latest single from Chicago duo Mass Hysteria. The Booth newcomers bring fellow Windy City resident Rhymefest along for this punch-in-the-mouth cut, which will surely have the radio rappers down for the count. Supported by the scorching (almost M.O.P-esque) boardwork of co-producers Phil Gates and group member Mike Treese, the duo and ‘Fest share the perils of being an underground artist and the frustrations of seeing others fake their way to the top. With authentic, assertive flows and heavy bars like “Mass Hysteria and Fest is a blessing/ Taking shorties out early like c-sections”, these Chicagoans certainly deserve some radio play, although there substance might be too much to handle for the artificial radio realm. This cut will appear on Mass Hysteria’s Art Over Life album, due out this Spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.