It’s impossible to please Errrybody with a single record, but Masia One might just have come close with the lineup of collaborators she’s assembled for her first Booth feature. A Singapore-born rapper and graffiti artist who fell in love with hip-hop upon running into a bootleg copy of Public Enemy’s It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, the up-and-comer offers a full showcase of her syncretistic, globally-minded style on this freshly-released joint, lacing an unknown beatsmith’s hypnotic, pared-down club production with fractured snapshots of the metropolitan nightlife and brand shout-outs to the likes of Pepsi-Cola and Motorola. Pharrell Williams assists on the guest tip, doing a little big-money stunting before handing the mic to Game for a gruff closer. Thunderheist frontwoman and hipster DJ Isis Salam fills in the gaps with some Island-influenced hook vocals. Digging it? For the original version of Errrybody and much more, check out Masia One’s Bootleg Culture sampler when it hits record store shelves and online retailers September 18.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.