Her delicate and buoyant voice is recognizable from the hooks that she’s written and sung for Jay-Z, Mya and Eve. Although singer Mashonda recently separated from her husband of four years, Swizz Beatz, her erotic new single, No Panties, is a guarantee that she will boundlessly satisfy the next man in her life. Demonstrating her talent as well as her sex appeal, she purrs, “I promise to write you a love song every summer/ I promise to sleep with no panties on for your comfort.” This mid-tempo Drop production offers a sultry pattern of sampled “oohs” and “ahhs” for the Harlem songstress to show listeners her modern-Adina-Howard freakiness. Mashonda will be dropping her new album, The Renovation Series, in the spring of 2009.
Written by Erica L. on 06/30/08
Submit your Rating
Full Surface Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.