Parents of today can’t complain about a lack of role models in today’s music scene when someone like Marz Lovejoy is killing it (translation: in a good way). The L.A. singer has kept herself busy by working with Grammy award-winning producer Om’Mas Keith (Frank Ocean, Sa-Ra), modeling for Black Scale, and acting in director John Stockwell and producer Gordon Bijelonic’s film, Kid Cannabis. Luckily, she somehow has found the time to have a run in with a guy she immediately vibed with, even if it was for One Night Only. On the latest single off her upcoming debut project, elePhant Soundz, Marz taps into production duo Hippie Sabotage‘s robotic, yet soft to the touch sound. You can expect more collaborations like this in the near future.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.