Parents of today can’t complain about a lack of role models in today’s music scene when someone like Marz Lovejoy is killing it (translation: in a good way). The L.A. singer has kept herself busy by working with Grammy award-winning producer Om’Mas Keith (Frank Ocean, Sa-Ra), modeling for Black Scale, and acting in director John Stockwell and producer Gordon Bijelonic’s film, Kid Cannabis. Luckily, she somehow has found the time to have a run in with a guy she immediately vibed with, even if it was for One Night Only. On the latest single off her upcoming debut project, elePhant Soundz, Marz taps into production duo Hippie Sabotage‘s robotic, yet soft to the touch sound. You can expect more collaborations like this in the near future.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.