Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
I don’t know if you watched last night’s Monday Night Football game between the Eagles and Saints, but for those of you who did, or have ever seen the Saints play before, I am sure you’re familiar with Jimmy Graham. What makes Graham so remarkable is that he was a primarily a basketball player in college, yet somehow made a successful switch to NFL tight end. Some people just have all the luck, including Booth newcomer Marz Lovejoy. The West Coast artist is not only interested in music; she is also well versed in film. She recently finished filming for Hollywood director John Stockwell and even appeared in Common’s LUV, which was shown at the illustrious Sundance Film Festival. On DOLO, the first single from her forthcoming album, Lovejoy shows her Jimmy Graham-like versatility, providing both a catchy hook and a unique flow, set off by a spacey Polyester beat. Her debut album, Elephant Soundz, is not set to drop until 2013, but I am sure you’ll be able to find her on the big screen in the meantime.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Lovejoy’s GRVTY-directed DOLO visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.