Absent from our pages since February, when she made her solo debut with the reader-approved DOLO, indie-pop songstress Marz Lovejoy returns to the Booth with new single Discouraged. As the title indicates, this moody jam finds Lovejoy feeling overwhelmed by life’s trials and tribulations. Backed by Om’Mas Keith and Mike Swoop‘s swirling synths, the FrankRadio/iHipHop Distribution signee confronts the malaise that’s been “hurtin’ her soul,” urging herself to “shake it off” and finally “get [her] sh*t together.” Director GRVTY provides a visual document of the artist’s struggles, enlisting local folk legend Cornbread Harris for a cameo appearance. This all-too-relatable cut is part of Marz’s elePhant Soundz album, scheduled for release at an as yet-unknown date next year. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.