Absent from our pages since February, when she made her solo debut with the reader-approved DOLO, indie-pop songstress Marz Lovejoy returns to the Booth with new single Discouraged. As the title indicates, this moody jam finds Lovejoy feeling overwhelmed by life’s trials and tribulations. Backed by Om’Mas Keith and Mike Swoop‘s swirling synths, the FrankRadio/iHipHop Distribution signee confronts the malaise that’s been “hurtin’ her soul,” urging herself to “shake it off” and finally “get [her] sh*t together.” Director GRVTY provides a visual document of the artist’s struggles, enlisting local folk legend Cornbread Harris for a cameo appearance. This all-too-relatable cut is part of Marz’s elePhant Soundz album, scheduled for release at an as yet-unknown date next year. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.