Booth newcomer Marz Leon is a bit of a L O N E R. Thankfully, that hasn’t stopped the L.A.-based alt-soul buzzmaker from sharing this freshly-minted single, her first, with listeners in the Booth and beyond. Released along with some artistic visuals by Aris Jerome, this cut finds the breathy-voiced crooner expressing her ambivalence towards a certain man. Over her and Mike Dez‘s creeping electronic boardwork, she oscillates between reverence (“When we’re flying in the sky, I forget everything I did before you, baby.”) and vitriol (“F**k your pain, all you know is lust / Baby you’re so empty.”) Has this atmospheric jam piqued your interest? Then stay tuned for further releases from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.