There was a time when Maryann Vasquez was a fool for love, but no longer. The Los Angeles singer/songwriter’s first feature on our pages, the current single off her next EP, finds her cutting loose a guy who once had her under his spell. Backed by T-Collar‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Vasquez plays the role of judge, jury and executioner, informing her ex-man of his crimes (“You dropped the ball, you crossed the line / You sent the good in me to die.”) before confidently kicking him to the curb. And she’s far form broken up over the split, as she emphasizes on the back: “Never been the same since I let you go / Better than I ever ever felt before.” For more from this promising unsigned songstress, check out her DUE EP when it drops digitally next Monday, November 4.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)