There was a time when Maryann Vasquez was a fool for love, but no longer. The Los Angeles singer/songwriter’s first feature on our pages, the current single off her next EP, finds her cutting loose a guy who once had her under his spell. Backed by T-Collar‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Vasquez plays the role of judge, jury and executioner, informing her ex-man of his crimes (“You dropped the ball, you crossed the line / You sent the good in me to die.”) before confidently kicking him to the curb. And she’s far form broken up over the split, as she emphasizes on the back: “Never been the same since I let you go / Better than I ever ever felt before.” For more from this promising unsigned songstress, check out her DUE EP when it drops digitally next Monday, November 4.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.