There was a time when Maryann Vasquez was a fool for love, but no longer. The Los Angeles singer/songwriter’s first feature on our pages, the current single off her next EP, finds her cutting loose a guy who once had her under his spell. Backed by T-Collar‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Vasquez plays the role of judge, jury and executioner, informing her ex-man of his crimes (“You dropped the ball, you crossed the line / You sent the good in me to die.”) before confidently kicking him to the curb. And she’s far form broken up over the split, as she emphasizes on the back: “Never been the same since I let you go / Better than I ever ever felt before.” For more from this promising unsigned songstress, check out her DUE EP when it drops digitally next Monday, November 4.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.