There was a time when Maryann Vasquez was a fool for love, but no longer. The Los Angeles singer/songwriter’s first feature on our pages, the current single off her next EP, finds her cutting loose a guy who once had her under his spell. Backed by T-Collar‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Vasquez plays the role of judge, jury and executioner, informing her ex-man of his crimes (“You dropped the ball, you crossed the line / You sent the good in me to die.”) before confidently kicking him to the curb. And she’s far form broken up over the split, as she emphasizes on the back: “Never been the same since I let you go / Better than I ever ever felt before.” For more from this promising unsigned songstress, check out her DUE EP when it drops digitally next Monday, November 4.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.