There was a time when Maryann Vasquez was a fool for love, but no longer. The Los Angeles singer/songwriter’s first feature on our pages, the current single off her next EP, finds her cutting loose a guy who once had her under his spell. Backed by T-Collar‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Vasquez plays the role of judge, jury and executioner, informing her ex-man of his crimes (“You dropped the ball, you crossed the line / You sent the good in me to die.”) before confidently kicking him to the curb. And she’s far form broken up over the split, as she emphasizes on the back: “Never been the same since I let you go / Better than I ever ever felt before.” For more from this promising unsigned songstress, check out her DUE EP when it drops digitally next Monday, November 4.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.