Reader reviews of Mary J. Blige‘s latest single, I’m The One have been generally mixed thus far, with perhaps the bluntest criticism coming from our own DJ Z: “MJB with AutoTune is like Tiger Woods playing golf with a handicap = completely unnecessary.” Booth-heads who were somewhat underwhelmed will be glad to hear that she’s gone back to what she does best on this newly-released cut. In contrast to The One‘s female-empowerment theme, Do It Again finds MJB weak at the knees over a fella she just met (no lady is immune to the right man’s charm). While Drake‘s a relative greenhorn to big-name guest verses, T.I.‘s been doing this for quite some time, and his swagger meshes perfectly with The Stereotypes’ brass-percussion beat. Though it’s not clear whether Do It Again will be promoted as a dual single, it should pick up better feedback than last night’s feature, and give listeners a more accurate indication of the sound MJB will bring to Me, Myself, & Mary (or Technical Difficulties, according to some reports), set to drop August 25th.
Written by Burmy on 06/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.