Reader reviews of Mary J. Blige‘s latest single, I’m The One have been generally mixed thus far, with perhaps the bluntest criticism coming from our own DJ Z: “MJB with AutoTune is like Tiger Woods playing golf with a handicap = completely unnecessary.” Booth-heads who were somewhat underwhelmed will be glad to hear that she’s gone back to what she does best on this newly-released cut. In contrast to The One‘s female-empowerment theme, Do It Again finds MJB weak at the knees over a fella she just met (no lady is immune to the right man’s charm). While Drake‘s a relative greenhorn to big-name guest verses, T.I.‘s been doing this for quite some time, and his swagger meshes perfectly with The Stereotypes’ brass-percussion beat. Though it’s not clear whether Do It Again will be promoted as a dual single, it should pick up better feedback than last night’s feature, and give listeners a more accurate indication of the sound MJB will bring to Me, Myself, & Mary (or Technical Difficulties, according to some reports), set to drop August 25th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.