Reader reviews of Mary J. Blige‘s latest single, I’m The One have been generally mixed thus far, with perhaps the bluntest criticism coming from our own DJ Z: “MJB with AutoTune is like Tiger Woods playing golf with a handicap = completely unnecessary.” Booth-heads who were somewhat underwhelmed will be glad to hear that she’s gone back to what she does best on this newly-released cut. In contrast to The One‘s female-empowerment theme, Do It Again finds MJB weak at the knees over a fella she just met (no lady is immune to the right man’s charm). While Drake‘s a relative greenhorn to big-name guest verses, T.I.‘s been doing this for quite some time, and his swagger meshes perfectly with The Stereotypes’ brass-percussion beat. Though it’s not clear whether Do It Again will be promoted as a dual single, it should pick up better feedback than last night’s feature, and give listeners a more accurate indication of the sound MJB will bring to Me, Myself, & Mary (or Technical Difficulties, according to some reports), set to drop August 25th.
Written by Burmy on 06/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.