Reader reviews of Mary J. Blige‘s latest single, I’m The One have been generally mixed thus far, with perhaps the bluntest criticism coming from our own DJ Z: “MJB with AutoTune is like Tiger Woods playing golf with a handicap = completely unnecessary.” Booth-heads who were somewhat underwhelmed will be glad to hear that she’s gone back to what she does best on this newly-released cut. In contrast to The One‘s female-empowerment theme, Do It Again finds MJB weak at the knees over a fella she just met (no lady is immune to the right man’s charm). While Drake‘s a relative greenhorn to big-name guest verses, T.I.‘s been doing this for quite some time, and his swagger meshes perfectly with The Stereotypes’ brass-percussion beat. Though it’s not clear whether Do It Again will be promoted as a dual single, it should pick up better feedback than last night’s feature, and give listeners a more accurate indication of the sound MJB will bring to Me, Myself, & Mary (or Technical Difficulties, according to some reports), set to drop August 25th.
Written by Burmy on 06/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)