Mary J. Blige led off her new album, Growing Pains, with the Tricky Stewart-produced single, Just Fine. On its heels is the danceable cut, Work That; another Blige classic that uplifts her fellow females and tells them to stand up for themselves. The material Blige continually creates is a mirror image to previous works in her catalog; there remains something innovative about her work, however, which negates these similarities. Although a set release date for Growing Pains has played Chutes & Ladders on the calendar since late October, the album will now officially be available on December 18th. Last minute holiday shoppers need not thank Mary for her thoughtful planning.
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.