Mary J. Blige led off her new album, Growing Pains, with the Tricky Stewart-produced single, Just Fine. On its heels is the danceable cut, Work That; another Blige classic that uplifts her fellow females and tells them to stand up for themselves. The material Blige continually creates is a mirror image to previous works in her catalog; there remains something innovative about her work, however, which negates these similarities. Although a set release date for Growing Pains has played Chutes & Ladders on the calendar since late October, the album will now officially be available on December 18th. Last minute holiday shoppers need not thank Mary for her thoughtful planning.
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.