Mary J. Blige led off her new album, Growing Pains, with the Tricky Stewart-produced single, Just Fine. On its heels is the danceable cut, Work That; another Blige classic that uplifts her fellow females and tells them to stand up for themselves. The material Blige continually creates is a mirror image to previous works in her catalog; there remains something innovative about her work, however, which negates these similarities. Although a set release date for Growing Pains has played Chutes & Ladders on the calendar since late October, the album will now officially be available on December 18th. Last minute holiday shoppers need not thank Mary for her thoughtful planning.
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.