Mary J. Blige led off her new album, Growing Pains, with the Tricky Stewart-produced single, Just Fine. On its heels is the danceable cut, Work That; another Blige classic that uplifts her fellow females and tells them to stand up for themselves. The material Blige continually creates is a mirror image to previous works in her catalog; there remains something innovative about her work, however, which negates these similarities. Although a set release date for Growing Pains has played Chutes & Ladders on the calendar since late October, the album will now officially be available on December 18th. Last minute holiday shoppers need not thank Mary for her thoughtful planning.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.