This past Saturday evening, Mary J. Blige and Jay-Z kicked off their two-month “Heart of the City” tour in Miami, Florida. Joining them at American Airlines Arena for opening night were Kanye West, Young Jeezy and The-Dream, as well as most of the R.O.C. roster. Using the tour as her main promotional tool through the end of April, Blige has released Stay Down as the next single off her recently released platinum-selling album, Growing Pains. The Bryan-Michael Cox-produced selection is a fitting choice as the LP’s third single, considering its theme is dedication and long-lasting support; both topics of discussion on the tour’s unofficial theme song, You’re Welcome. Look for Blige (along with Mr. Carter) in a city near you very soon.
Written by DJ Z on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.