On the last single off her forthcoming full-length, Mary J. Blige had packed her Suitcase and walked out the door in response to her steady man’s consistently thoughtless behavior. Just days after that joint’s release, the Queen of Hip Hop Soul has already got her eye on somebody new. See That Boy Again, recorded for the soundtrack to upcoming comedy Think Like a Man Too, finds her anxiously seeking out a certain man following a brief encounter at the local club. Joining MJB over his own lightly funky, brass-laced beat, Pharrell Williams gets philosophical on the back end: “Just ‘cause it was written don’t mean you can’t play your hand and change your fate.” The Think Like a Man Too soundtrack LP is slated to drop June 17, shortly before the film’s theatrical release on the 20th.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.