Though she had a ‘breakthrough’ on her last album, Mary J. Blige has always reminded her listeners that she wants ‘no more drama’ in her life. The Queen of Hip-Hop and R&B might very well prefer less drama, but getting to that point is what is a challenge; otherwise known as Growing Pains, or the title of Blige’s new album. The first single from the upcoming project is Just Fine, an uplifting ode to women who refuse to change their lives for the men they surround themselves with. Produced by Tricky Stewart (Umbrella) and Jazza Pha, Just Fine won’t suffer from a lack of hit-power; Billboard success is a stage at which Blige no longer suffers from any heartache.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.