Though she had a ‘breakthrough’ on her last album, Mary J. Blige has always reminded her listeners that she wants ‘no more drama’ in her life. The Queen of Hip-Hop and R&B might very well prefer less drama, but getting to that point is what is a challenge; otherwise known as Growing Pains, or the title of Blige’s new album. The first single from the upcoming project is Just Fine, an uplifting ode to women who refuse to change their lives for the men they surround themselves with. Produced by Tricky Stewart (Umbrella) and Jazza Pha, Just Fine won’t suffer from a lack of hit-power; Billboard success is a stage at which Blige no longer suffers from any heartache.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)