Though she had a ‘breakthrough’ on her last album, Mary J. Blige has always reminded her listeners that she wants ‘no more drama’ in her life. The Queen of Hip-Hop and R&B might very well prefer less drama, but getting to that point is what is a challenge; otherwise known as Growing Pains, or the title of Blige’s new album. The first single from the upcoming project is Just Fine, an uplifting ode to women who refuse to change their lives for the men they surround themselves with. Produced by Tricky Stewart (Umbrella) and Jazza Pha, Just Fine won’t suffer from a lack of hit-power; Billboard success is a stage at which Blige no longer suffers from any heartache.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.