Although the Queen of Hip-Hop and R&B has released Hurt Again as the next single off her new album, Growing Pains, Mary J. Blige isn’t hurting at all. Released on December 18th, her latest LP has nearly reached platinum-certification (with just under a million units sold); a high-water mark that not many artists in the entire music business can brag about. Produced by Dre and Vidal, Hurt Again is the kind of song that makes Mary who she is as an artist. Unwilling to cater to an audience that wants ‘girl power’ records blasted in the club, Blige dedicates the single to the age old lesson of learning from past mistakes. Currently planning a tour for later this year, Blige can be spotted on the cover of the current issue of Vibe magazine.
Written by DJ Z on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.