Although the Queen of Hip-Hop and R&B has released Hurt Again as the next single off her new album, Growing Pains, Mary J. Blige isn’t hurting at all. Released on December 18th, her latest LP has nearly reached platinum-certification (with just under a million units sold); a high-water mark that not many artists in the entire music business can brag about. Produced by Dre and Vidal, Hurt Again is the kind of song that makes Mary who she is as an artist. Unwilling to cater to an audience that wants ‘girl power’ records blasted in the club, Blige dedicates the single to the age old lesson of learning from past mistakes. Currently planning a tour for later this year, Blige can be spotted on the cover of the current issue of Vibe magazine.
Written by DJ Z on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)