Although the Queen of Hip-Hop and R&B has released Hurt Again as the next single off her new album, Growing Pains, Mary J. Blige isn’t hurting at all. Released on December 18th, her latest LP has nearly reached platinum-certification (with just under a million units sold); a high-water mark that not many artists in the entire music business can brag about. Produced by Dre and Vidal, Hurt Again is the kind of song that makes Mary who she is as an artist. Unwilling to cater to an audience that wants ‘girl power’ records blasted in the club, Blige dedicates the single to the age old lesson of learning from past mistakes. Currently planning a tour for later this year, Blige can be spotted on the cover of the current issue of Vibe magazine.
Written by DJ Z on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.