When Pacino and DeNiro do a film together, you know it’s something special; the same could be said for Mary J. Blige and Usher collaborating on a song. On Mary J’s new album, Growing Pains, the two R&B legends come together for the harmonious ballad, Shake Down. While Usher has taken time off from the industry, he knows that a feature guest should never outshine a song’s spotlight singer. Having already collaborated with R&B A-listers like Alicia Keys and R. Kelly, Mr. Raymond’s joint effort with Ms. Blige sits comfortably in line with the rest. Growing Pains is set for release on December 18th courtesy of Geffen Records.
Written by DJ Z on 12/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.