When Pacino and DeNiro do a film together, you know it’s something special; the same could be said for Mary J. Blige and Usher collaborating on a song. On Mary J’s new album, Growing Pains, the two R&B legends come together for the harmonious ballad, Shake Down. While Usher has taken time off from the industry, he knows that a feature guest should never outshine a song’s spotlight singer. Having already collaborated with R&B A-listers like Alicia Keys and R. Kelly, Mr. Raymond’s joint effort with Ms. Blige sits comfortably in line with the rest. Growing Pains is set for release on December 18th courtesy of Geffen Records.
Written by DJ Z on 12/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.