When Pacino and DeNiro do a film together, you know it’s something special; the same could be said for Mary J. Blige and Usher collaborating on a song. On Mary J’s new album, Growing Pains, the two R&B legends come together for the harmonious ballad, Shake Down. While Usher has taken time off from the industry, he knows that a feature guest should never outshine a song’s spotlight singer. Having already collaborated with R&B A-listers like Alicia Keys and R. Kelly, Mr. Raymond’s joint effort with Ms. Blige sits comfortably in line with the rest. Growing Pains is set for release on December 18th courtesy of Geffen Records.
Written by DJ Z on 12/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.