Ever wonder how an R&B artist, who released a meaningful slow jam as their second single, is able stay relevant in a club setting once their original single has run its course? It’s very simple; just give thanks to the ‘dance remix.’ Using the success of Just Fine to breakthrough (no pun intended) the crowded charts with her newest album, Growing Pains, the remarkably talented Mary J. Blige released the classic Mary follow-up, Hurt Again. So in an effort to maintain a presence on the dance floor, with which Hurt Again could not provide, Blige called up Swizz Beatz and enlisted the star producer to create Just Fine (Treat ‘Em Right Remix). This is one of those “…it just doesn’t sound right out of computers speakers,” type of songs.
Written by DJ Z on 01/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)