Ever wonder how an R&B artist, who released a meaningful slow jam as their second single, is able stay relevant in a club setting once their original single has run its course? It’s very simple; just give thanks to the ‘dance remix.’ Using the success of Just Fine to breakthrough (no pun intended) the crowded charts with her newest album, Growing Pains, the remarkably talented Mary J. Blige released the classic Mary follow-up, Hurt Again. So in an effort to maintain a presence on the dance floor, with which Hurt Again could not provide, Blige called up Swizz Beatz and enlisted the star producer to create Just Fine (Treat ‘Em Right Remix). This is one of those “…it just doesn’t sound right out of computers speakers,” type of songs.
Written by DJ Z on 01/27/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.