Ever wonder how an R&B artist, who released a meaningful slow jam as their second single, is able stay relevant in a club setting once their original single has run its course? It’s very simple; just give thanks to the ‘dance remix.’ Using the success of Just Fine to breakthrough (no pun intended) the crowded charts with her newest album, Growing Pains, the remarkably talented Mary J. Blige released the classic Mary follow-up, Hurt Again. So in an effort to maintain a presence on the dance floor, with which Hurt Again could not provide, Blige called up Swizz Beatz and enlisted the star producer to create Just Fine (Treat ‘Em Right Remix). This is one of those “…it just doesn’t sound right out of computers speakers,” type of songs.
Written by DJ Z on 01/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.