Ever wonder how an R&B artist, who released a meaningful slow jam as their second single, is able stay relevant in a club setting once their original single has run its course? It’s very simple; just give thanks to the ‘dance remix.’ Using the success of Just Fine to breakthrough (no pun intended) the crowded charts with her newest album, Growing Pains, the remarkably talented Mary J. Blige released the classic Mary follow-up, Hurt Again. So in an effort to maintain a presence on the dance floor, with which Hurt Again could not provide, Blige called up Swizz Beatz and enlisted the star producer to create Just Fine (Treat ‘Em Right Remix). This is one of those “…it just doesn’t sound right out of computers speakers,” type of songs.
Written by DJ Z on 01/27/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.