Released nearly fifty years ago, Sly And The Family Stone’s classic record Everyday People has remained just as iconic today as it was in the late 60’s, so much so that Mary J. Blige and collaborator Jermaine Dupri have put their own spin on the the hit single. Titled Everyday People 2012, the record is surely one for the haters as the veteran Yonkers songstress encourages listeners to, “Put your aim up in the sky and tell them haters fall back, fall back, way back.” Both Dupri and Bryan Michael Cox put in work on the production end as they manage to both maintain the classic sound of the original record, while also giving it a slightly more upbeat and modern edge. Be sure to enjoy Everyday People 2012 while you can because as of now the record isn’t attached to any larger project from either of the two artists.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.