Released nearly fifty years ago, Sly And The Family Stone’s classic record Everyday People has remained just as iconic today as it was in the late 60’s, so much so that Mary J. Blige and collaborator Jermaine Dupri have put their own spin on the the hit single. Titled Everyday People 2012, the record is surely one for the haters as the veteran Yonkers songstress encourages listeners to, “Put your aim up in the sky and tell them haters fall back, fall back, way back.” Both Dupri and Bryan Michael Cox put in work on the production end as they manage to both maintain the classic sound of the original record, while also giving it a slightly more upbeat and modern edge. Be sure to enjoy Everyday People 2012 while you can because as of now the record isn’t attached to any larger project from either of the two artists.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.