Released nearly fifty years ago, Sly And The Family Stone’s classic record Everyday People has remained just as iconic today as it was in the late 60’s, so much so that Mary J. Blige and collaborator Jermaine Dupri have put their own spin on the the hit single. Titled Everyday People 2012, the record is surely one for the haters as the veteran Yonkers songstress encourages listeners to, “Put your aim up in the sky and tell them haters fall back, fall back, way back.” Both Dupri and Bryan Michael Cox put in work on the production end as they manage to both maintain the classic sound of the original record, while also giving it a slightly more upbeat and modern edge. Be sure to enjoy Everyday People 2012 while you can because as of now the record isn’t attached to any larger project from either of the two artists.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride (I See the Future)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)