We all knew that Mary J. Blige was a powerful woman. Her voice alone has been known to make grown men cry and arguing couples put aside their differences in the name of love. But on her new single she’s taken her influence to the next level, rewriting the laws of physics, with 25/8 (think 24/7, only more). R&B mainstay Eric Hudson mans the boards on this far reaching cut, filling the track with live percussion, synths, woodwind instruments, a gospel-esque clapping section and too many other instruments to name here. Vocally this is the MJB that we’ve all grown to love and respect, although here she’s put aside the heartbreak and regret that filled so much of her past work in favor of some no-holds-barred loving. That’s right, not only does she love her man, she loves her man the confines of the calendar simply can’t hold her. 25/8 is the first official single we’ve heard off the real Queen of R&B’s upcoming album, My Life II: The Journey Continues, tentatively set to be released this October. And if you know the music industry, you know that “tentative” means keep it locked to DJBooth for updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.