We all knew that Mary J. Blige was a powerful woman. Her voice alone has been known to make grown men cry and arguing couples put aside their differences in the name of love. But on her new single she’s taken her influence to the next level, rewriting the laws of physics, with 25/8 (think 24/7, only more). R&B mainstay Eric Hudson mans the boards on this far reaching cut, filling the track with live percussion, synths, woodwind instruments, a gospel-esque clapping section and too many other instruments to name here. Vocally this is the MJB that we’ve all grown to love and respect, although here she’s put aside the heartbreak and regret that filled so much of her past work in favor of some no-holds-barred loving. That’s right, not only does she love her man, she loves her man the confines of the calendar simply can’t hold her. 25/8 is the first official single we’ve heard off the real Queen of R&B’s upcoming album, My Life II: The Journey Continues, tentatively set to be released this October. And if you know the music industry, you know that “tentative” means keep it locked to DJBooth for updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Ride " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.