Back in July, Marty Grimes exploded into The DJBooth with See Me Now, a grimy, reader-acclaimed jam which found him detailing his plans for domination of the game. On the freshly-released Still Floatin, we’re introduced to a very different side of the Berkeley repper’s sound and personality. Rather than turning up, Grimes dials down the intensity as he delivers thoughtful bars about his ongoing relationship with an ex-girl. Reprising his role from the aforementioned joint, producer SykSense turns in a moody, nocturnal beat to match the emcee’s low-key bars. This promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.