Back in July, Marty Grimes exploded into The DJBooth with See Me Now, a grimy, reader-acclaimed jam which found him detailing his plans for domination of the game. On the freshly-released Still Floatin, we’re introduced to a very different side of the Berkeley repper’s sound and personality. Rather than turning up, Grimes dials down the intensity as he delivers thoughtful bars about his ongoing relationship with an ex-girl. Reprising his role from the aforementioned joint, producer SykSense turns in a moody, nocturnal beat to match the emcee’s low-key bars. This promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.