Back in July, Marty Grimes exploded into The DJBooth with See Me Now, a grimy, reader-acclaimed jam which found him detailing his plans for domination of the game. On the freshly-released Still Floatin, we’re introduced to a very different side of the Berkeley repper’s sound and personality. Rather than turning up, Grimes dials down the intensity as he delivers thoughtful bars about his ongoing relationship with an ex-girl. Reprising his role from the aforementioned joint, producer SykSense turns in a moody, nocturnal beat to match the emcee’s low-key bars. This promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.