Back in July, Marty Grimes exploded into The DJBooth with See Me Now, a grimy, reader-acclaimed jam which found him detailing his plans for domination of the game. On the freshly-released Still Floatin, we’re introduced to a very different side of the Berkeley repper’s sound and personality. Rather than turning up, Grimes dials down the intensity as he delivers thoughtful bars about his ongoing relationship with an ex-girl. Reprising his role from the aforementioned joint, producer SykSense turns in a moody, nocturnal beat to match the emcee’s low-key bars. This promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.