Today may mark the first time Marty Grimes has popped up on the Booth radar, but it most definitely won’t be the last. Once he’s executed his plans for domination of the game, only the blind will be able to ignore the Berkeley-repping emcee. On this newly-released single, an ominous SykSense beat backs Grimes as he exults in his future superstardom, spitting, “Me and fame got a nice future arrangement.” Think this West Coast buzzmaker is headed to the top? Then keep it locked; while this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further information surfaces.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.